Students applying to the Dental Assistant Program must have all eligibility requirements completed at the time of application.
- Eligibility is open to students meeting the qualification requirements.
- Students must apply to MVC prior to applying to the Dental Assistant Program.
- Applications will only be accepted by the Dental Assistant Program. Applications must be mailed to the Moreno Valley College or hand delivered to the Dental Assistant Program office.
- Meeting minimum requirements for the program does not guarantee admission into the program.
- Foreign transcripts must have a “Detailed Evaluation”. Information can be obtained from the Counseling Office.
- Failure to meet the deadline for showing proof of a valid CPR Certification card (BLS Healthcare Provider Course), verification of receiving immunizations including tetanus, MMR, pertussis, and TB testing, Hepatitis B vaccination will result in forfeiting admission into the program.
Application Filing Period
- Application period: November 19, 2019 – June 30, 2020
Requirements for Eligibility
- MVC Application on file and eligibility to attend RCCD.
- Valid CPR certification (This must be a hands-on BLS class for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Online courses will not be accepted).
- High School Diploma, its Equivalent or post-secondary degree. Please submit a copy of official transcripts per the American Dental Association’s Commission on Dental Accreditation. Foreign transcripts must have a “Detailed Evaluation”. Information can be obtained from the Counseling Office.
- Students must meet the English requirement of “Qualification for English 1A”. This requirement can be met by successfully completing English 50, English 80, equivalent or through testing. Please see the Assessment Center for more information on testing.
- Students accepted into the Dental Assistant Program will need to have a health history clearance form completed by their medical doctor or at the MVC Health Center and show proof of immunity and receiving the Hepatitis B vaccination, immunizations, and TB testing before the start of the program.
- All students accepted into the Dental Assistant Program must attend the Orientation Session prior to the start of the program. The date for this mandatory orientation session will be announced in the acceptance letter.