You can apply for your certificates on web-advisor.
Administration of Justice Certificate
This program focuses on the criminal justice system, its organizational components and processes, as well as its legal and public policy contexts. This includes instruction in criminal law and policy, police and correction systems organization, the administration of justice and the judiciary, and public attitudes regarding criminal justice issues.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the breadth, scope and interconnectivity of the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrate the understanding of the theories and research in the area of crime, criminality and criminal justice.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of criminal law.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the implications of legal evidence in the processing of criminal cases.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the role of policing and the maintenance of favorable community relations.
Required Courses (27 units)
|ADM/JUS 1||Introduction to the Admin of Justice||3 units|
|ADM/JUS 2||Principles and Procedures of the Justice System||3 units|
|ADM/JUS 3||Concepts of Criminal Law||3 units|
|ADM/JUS 4||Legal Aspects of Evidence||3 units|
|ADM/JUS 5||Community Relations||3 units|
|Electives||Choose from the elective courses in the discipline||12 units|