Associate of Science Degree
The Associate of Science Degree in Business Administration with a Major Concentration will be awarded upon completion of the degree requirements, including general education and other graduation requirements as described in the college catalog. In addition to completing the Business Administration requirements.
REAL ESTATE CONCENTRATION
This program prepares individuals to develop, buy, sell, appraise, and manage real property. This includes instruction in land use development policy, real estate law, real estate marketing procedures, agency management, brokerage, property inspection and appraisal, real estate investing, leased and rental properties, commercial real estate, and property management.
Program Learning Outcomes
In addition to outcomes for the Businesses Administration certificate, on successful completion of the Real Estate concentration, the student should be able to do the following:
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze ethical and procedural problems that arise in residential real estate sales transactions from the prospective of buyers, sellers, brokers, appraisers, lenders, and escrow officers.
- Discuss and evaluate real estate marketing and sales techniques.
- Discuss and calculate real estate taxes and solve basic real estate mathematics problems.
- Explain and evaluate methods of financing real estate purchases and securing loans with real estate.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze the factors that affect real estate values.
- Discuss and evaluate real estate markets and trends.
Business Administration Major Core Requirements (18 Units)
|Required Courses for Real Estate Concentration (12 Units)|
|RLE-80||Real Estate Principles||3|
|RLE-81||Real Estate Practices||3|
|RLE-82||Legal Aspects of Real Estate||3|
|RLE-83||Real Estate Finance||3|
|RLE-84||Real Estate Appraisal||3|
|RLE-85||Real Estate Economics||3|
|RLE-86||Escrow Procedures I||3|
|RLE-200*||Real Estate Work Experience||1-2-3-4|
*Paid or voluntary employment required, contact department chair for details.