Moreno Valley College offers a Basic Firefighter Academy open to anyone who is at least 18 years of age. Our 12-week, 19 college unit program is designed to provide students with a basic knowledge of fire service operations and to provide them with the entry-level skills required by most fire departments.
The college units earned may be applied to an Associate’s degree. The full time academy will be in session from 0600 to 1800 hours Monday through Friday plus three Saturday sessions. Our program is accredited through the California State Fire Marshal’s Office and upon successful completion of the Academy students will be eligible to receive their State of California Firefighter I certificate.
In addition, students will receive 18 individual certificates for topics in Fire Control, Incident Command Systems, Hazardous Materials, Terrorism, Rescue and CAL FIRE Basic certificate:
- Fire Control 1
- Fire Control 3
- Fire Control 4a / 4b
- Fire Control 6
- Fire Control 7
- NWCG IS – 200
- NWCG S – 190
- FEMA IS – 700
- Firefighter Safety & Survival
- Low Angle Rope Rescue
- Auto Extrication
- Rapid Intervention Crew Tactics
- Confined Space Awareness
- NFA Response to Terrorism
- CSTI Hazardous Materials First Responder Operations
- CSTI Hazardous Materials First Responder Decontamination
- CAL FIRE Basic (formerly 67 hour academy)
- L- 180
You can read more by visiting the Fire Academy page.
For additional information, contact the department of Public Safety Education and Training at the Ben Clark Training Center.
- Fire Technology (Gainful Employment Disclosure)
- Fire Technology Fire Officer (Gainful Employment Disclosure)
- Fire Technology Chief Officer (Gainful Employment Disclosure)
- Fire Technology Firefigher Academy (Gainful Employment Disclosure)